[Biopython] Biopython packages in Archlinux

Evgeniy Alekseev darkarcanis at mail.ru
Sun Jan 12 14:04:59 UTC 2014

Hello everyone,

First, thank you for developing this useful module.

I'm one of Archlinux Trusted User [1]. Today I moved packages python-biopython
and python2-biopython which provide biopython module in Archlinux from user
repository (AUR) into official ([community]) [2] and will maintain it.

I want ask someone, who can do it, to edit wiki page [3] and add something
like that:
-----------------wiki text------------------------
Archlinux
Biopython is avaible in an official repository. The package named python-
biopython (for python3) or python2-biopython (for python2) and they can be
installed using pacman:
   pacman -S python-biopython
or
   pacman -S python2-biopython
-----------------wiki text------------------------

Thank you!

Also if you have an additional request feel free to contact me and ask it.

Links:
[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Trusted%20Users
[2] https://www.archlinux.org/packages/biopython
[3] http://biopython.org/wiki/Download