[Biopython] Google Summer of Code 2014 - Call for project ideas

Tiago Antao tra at popgen.net
Thu Feb 27 16:19:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Thu, 27 Feb 2014 16:12:31 +0000
Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:

> P.S. The KGML module Leighton's talking about is here:
> https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/173

Would this add a new library dependency to Biopython (PIL)? I am all in
favour of that (as independent modules could have their dependencies
without causing problems - as you only need the dependency if you
actually use the module).

But that would require the revision of the module dependency policy,
right? Which until now has been a bit on the conservative side...

I am thinking here matplotlib and scipy, for instance...

Tiago