[Biopython] Bio.PDB.PDBParser() Superimposer()

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 16:42:54 UTC 2014

Hi Jurgens,

Sorry for the delay.. hope it still goes on time.

If the numbering of the two proteins is the same (equivalent residues have
equivalent residue numbers), usually the case if you compare different
models generated by simulation, then it is straightforward to trim them (check
this gist <https://gist.github.com/JoaoRodrigues/9095892>).

Otherwise you have to perform a sequence alignment and parse the alignment
to extract the equivalent atoms and do the same logic as before (this is
quite tricky..). I have a script that does this but it's not trivial at all
and might be extremely specific for your application.

Cheers,

João