[Biopython] extra annotations for phyla tree

Willis, Jordan R jordan.r.willis at Vanderbilt.Edu
Sun Feb 16 06:49:19 UTC 2014

Hi,

First off, whomever wrote the DistanceTree and DistranceMatrix Calculator…hat’s off! I have been looking for an easy way to do custom distance matrices for a while. Wow.

Anyway, I noticed you can add some extra annotations to your leafs by converting your tree into a PhyloXML. I was wondering if there are ways to color branches and adjust thickness to highlight branches of interest. I know you can simply open the trees in other programs like Dendroscope and color them manually, but you can imagine a scenario where you have thousands of trees to compare etc.

Jordan