[Biopython] Help modify this code so it can do what I want it to do

Edson Ishengoma ishengomae at nm-aist.ac.tz
Mon Feb 3 19:16:55 UTC 2014

Hi Peter,

Sorry that was the typo, it should be:
complete_sbjct_seq += str(sbjct[sb_start:sb_end]).

I tried a suggestion by Ivan on the providing tblastn option
[-max_hsps_per_subject 1] but still the output shows up as fragmented hits.

Peter said: "Another approach would be to use the alignment sequence
fragments BLAST gives you (and remove the gap characters)."
With the script I have I can only extract the first fragment only for each
hit. I don't know why string slicing method [sb_start:sb_end] in my script
does not include start and end positions for subsequent fragments.

Regards,

Edson