[Biopython] The PTVS gang (from microsoft) would like to hear from BioPython users!

Sean Mortazavi smortaz at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 06:18:45 UTC 2014

Hi - we're a few engineers (not marketers!) that work on Python Tools for
Visual Studio (http://pytools.codeplex.com).  It's a free & OSS plug-in
that turns VS into a decent Python IDE.  It has some nice features like
mixed-mode Python/C++ debugging, debugging on Linux from Visual Studio and
IPython integration.

Some of our users (including BioPython users) have been encouraging us to
enhance PTVS and add support for some "Data Science" focused features &
scenarios.   We'd *love* to get your input regarding your current stack,
workflow and pain points before taking the next steps.

It does not matter if you use Windows, Visual Studio, love/hate Microsoft -
we'd just love to understand your environment a bit better especially if
you use tools like Excel, R, Matlab, Mathematica, numpy, scipy, Pandas, ...

As a thank you, 50 people will be randomly selected to receive a $5
Starbucks Coffee card!

Here is a link to the survey which should take about 2 minutes to complete.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VSForDataScience

If you know others that might be interested in taking this survey, *please*
forward it to them - much appreciated.

Thanks for your participation!