[Biopython] Biopython and OSX Mavericks problem.

Lenna Peterson arklenna at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 05:40:21 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 6:37 PM, Cannatella, David <
catfish at austin.utexas.edu> wrote:

> I've had the same problem as Mike Shaffer (8 April) on the discussion list
> (see my errors below).
>
> I had tried the possible solutions mentioned (including the export
> commands below), including those on the stackoverflow site, but none has
> worked so far.

Have you tried the ARCHFLAGS option? http://stackoverflow.com/a/22372751

Are you installing with sudo?

> Some posted solutions have included installing other versions of python,
> etc., but this is not practical for several reasons.
>
> Is re-installing an earlier version of XCode a viable option for me?

Apple is not particularly supportive of downgrading, so I imagine this
could have unforeseen side effects. clang will have this behavior
indefinitely; the problem is an incompatibility between clang (part of
XCode) and the python version distributed with the OS. Hopefully there will
be an OS update soon fixing the python version.