[Biopython] SVDSuperimposer()

George Devaniranjan devaniranjan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 16:16:36 UTC 2014

Hi João,

Ok this is what I do, I use a conjugate gradient minimizer that adjusts the
phi and psi angles of the residues to move the residues around. Of course
small changes in these angles can result in large displacements further
down the chain. I know that the "bad" structure I start with is "close" to
what is expected so as I continue to minimize (using the minimizer in
cycles) I use the RMSD difference as a test to ensure that the "better"
structure while energetically better than the starting one doesn't
look totally different from where I started.

I will look at profit, I have never tried that-thank you very much for the
suggestion.

George