[Biopython] Phylo Tree: Need to align Taxa for visual representation

Eric Talevich eric.talevich at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 19:45:58 UTC 2014

Asma,

The tree style you want is called a hypermetric tree. The difference is
that all branch lengths are 1 (the default value) in "wrong.png" but in
"correct.png" the total depth of each tip is the same distance from the
root. You could set these branch lengths programmatically to make the sums
work out right; Bio.Phylo doesn't currently implement it. Or you could use
another tree visualization program, like Archaeopteryx (
https://sites.google.com/site/cmzmasek/home/software/archaeopteryx).

-Eric