[Biopython] Job: Bioinformatics/PopGen of Disease vectors (Tropical Medicine)

Tiago Antao tra at popgen.net
Tue Apr 8 15:22:21 UTC 2014

Dear all,

We currently have a position here for a bioinformatician with a good
population genetics background.
The Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine works with neglected tropical
diseases and in our department we are mainly focused on disease vectors
(mosquitoes, flies, ...).
The postdoc accepting this position would be the first in the group
(and the second in the department) doing bioinformatics, thus with a lot
of freedom to choose their preferred tools. So, if you are a
Biopythoneer you would most probably be able to use (Bio)python.

Liverpool is one of the cheapest cities in the UK and has been ranked
as one of the top 5 big cities to live in the UK:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/10386993/Bristol-is-best-city-to-live-in-the-UK.html

As to the position, you can find more details here:

http://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/AIL535/post-doctoral-research-assistant-in-bioinformatics-and-population-genetics/

Charles' page (the PI), can be found here:
http://www.lstmliverpool.ac.uk/research/departments/staff-profiles/charles-wondji

For questions, please do not hesitate to contact Charles directly (or
me if you prefer, but I am not directly related to the position).

Tiago