[Biopython] Print statements vs functions (Python 2 vs 3)

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 7 16:25:44 UTC 2013

On Sat, Sep 7, 2013 at 2:50 PM, Dan Tomso <dtomso at agbiome.com> wrote:
> Hi, Peter.
>
> This sounds OK to me.

Thanks Dan. And another voice of approval on Twitter:

Karin Lagesen (@karinlag): @Biopython @pjacock Go for it!
https://twitter.com/karinlag/status/376356704080105472

> Regarding the overall transition to Python 3 -- is there some sort
> of master plan with phasing of all the changes?
> It might be helpful to have some longer-term context on any roll out.

I'm not quite sure what you are asking, but this might answer you:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2013-May/010633.html
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2013-September/010880.html

Using print functions in the Tutorial seems doable for the next
release, Biopython 1.63, if that's what you meant.

Regards,