[Biopython] codon bias

Jessica Grant jgrant at smith.edu
Tue Oct 29 13:05:51 UTC 2013

Hello again,

I am resending to clarify - I am wondering if anyone has
implemented  Wright's Effective Number of Codons (as in Wright, F. 1990.
The effective number of codons used in a gene. Gene 87:23-29), or any
improved method.  I have tried using codonW but got some wonky results.  I
am working with transcriptome data from a non-model organism and want to
look at the relationships between ENc, GC3 and other statistics to tease
out any information about the data in my transcriptome.

Thanks,

Jessica