[Biopython] Cross-Links in circular GenomeDiagram?

Ilya Flyamer flyamer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 22:15:57 UTC 2013

Hi everyone!

The documentation says, that 'Biopython 1.59 added the ability to draw
cross links between tracks - both simple linear diagrams as we will show
here, but also linear diagrams split into fragments and circular
diagrams.'  I hoped that it was possible to make crosslinks between
fragments of the same track (as Circos can draw), but, apparently, I was
wrong: if I try to do that, I get a NotImplementedError(). The source is
quite explicit on this matter:

        if trackobjA == trackobjB:                raise NotImplementedError()

So, it is really not implemented.
But are there any plans on implementing Circos-style crosslinks
(intra-track in Circular Diagram)? That would be a really useful feature
(for me), and there are not many programmes, that can do such things.

Best wishes,
Ilya