[Biopython] I've written a library for executing fuzzy searches...

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 09:52:55 UTC 2013

Hi Peter!

I'd like to keep this as a separate library, at least to begin with. As
Martin mentioned, this could be useful for many things other than working
with biological data.

If there's useful BioPython-specific integration to be done, I'd be happy
to work on that as well, including as part of the BioPython project.

Specifically, supporting BioPython sequences would seem like it would be a
big plus. Another useful feature I've thought of is searching through very
large sequences, e.g. entire genomes, without keeping them in memory. If
you could say what would be the most useful to have right now, I'd be happy
to begin working on it!

- Tal