[Biopython] I've written a library for executing fuzzy searches...

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 17:59:47 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

(I'm not on this list, so please make sure to reply to me as well as the
list.)

question<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19725127/>,
I've written a Python library for fuzzy searches called
'fuzzysearch'<https://github.com/taleinat/fuzzysearch>.
Currently, it allows searching for a string inside a longer string,
returning the best sub-string which match up to a given maximum Levenshtein
distance. This is done quite efficiently, and there is more optimization to
be done, as needed.

Is there any interest in this library and its further development? One
thing which I think might be useful is support for BioPython Sequence types.

This is open-source with a very liberal license (the MIT license).

I'd be happy to collaborate on this!

- Tal Einat