[Biopython] Sphinx docset

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 10 17:08:23 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Willis, Jordan R
<jordan.r.willis at vanderbilt.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone generated a sphinx docs from the docstrings
> in Biopyton? I’m unfamiliar wish sphinx, but I’m trying to
> convert docstrings to sphinx documentation so that I
> can then make a docset for a program called “Dash.”
>  I know this was brought up once before, and don’t know
> if it was resolved.
>
> It sounds a bit convoluted, but it seems to work. Before
> I invest too much time on learning sphinx, I wanted to ask
> first if anyone has done so.
>
> Jordan

Hi Jordan,

I presume you've read this thread from last month?:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2013-October/010935.html
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2013-October/010942.html

It seems there are complications with some of the more
dynamically generated code in Bio.Restriction, but I
don't know if anyone has filed a bug report on this.

We currently use epydoc for the API strings post on our
website, changing to Sphinx could be more user friendly...
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/api/