[Biopython] GFF.writer

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon May 6 11:17:12 UTC 2013

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Brad Chapman <chapmanb at 50mail.com> wrote:

> I also checked in an update to order the key/value attributes in
> alphabetical order. There isn't a defined ordering of these in the spec
> but I agree that a consistent one would be nice.

Would using an OrderedDict be neater? i.e. Preserve any user
given order or whatever there was when parsing. This would
allow ad-hoc conventions like the ID is first to be observed
(or whatever the user preferred).

We'll be dropping Python 2.5 support shortly so that isn't a
problem - and in any case we 're already bundling a backport
of OrderedDict under Bio._py3k so you could use that if
needed:

from Bio._py3k import OrderedDict