[Biopython] qblast error, probably due to BLAST server overload: any way to handle this error better?

Dan dan837446 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 03:04:09 UTC 2013

Hi, I have a script that runs Qblast over a multiline fasta file
(protein).. the relevant code is:

 for seq_record in SeqIO.parse(args.infile,"fasta"):

blast_result_handle = NCBIWWW.qblast(args.program, args.database, \

seq_record.format("fasta"),expect=args.expect, hitlist_size=args.num_hits, \

service=args.service)

time.sleep(5)

for a generalised case and in the particular case I am looking at it's:

 for seq_record in SeqIO.parse(args.infile,"fasta"):

blast_result_handle = NCBIWWW.qblast(blastp, nr, \