[Biopython] Bio.Entrez.epost error with Python 3.2

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 27 19:04:09 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 4:41 AM, Michiel de Hoon <mjldehoon at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Looking at this some more, I found this on the mailing list explaining why we are using post=True:
>
> http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2009-May/005152.html

Yes, we use post (as the name epost suggests) to upload a long list
of IDs without the long URL limitations faced if using an HTTP get.

> This page provides some explanation on urllib.parse.urlencode in Python3:
>
> http://docs.python.org/3/library/urllib.request.html#urllib-examples

Does this mean we have a subtle Python 2 vs 3 problem with
epost?

Time for another unit test in test_Entrez_online.py which
currently only tests einfo and efetch - we should have
esearch, epost, espell and esummary in there too I think.