[Biopython] Biopython 1.61 released

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 7 11:33:25 UTC 2013

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 10:05 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Dear Biopythoneers,
>
> Source distributions and Windows installers for Biopython 1.61 are now
> available from the downloads page on the Biopython website and from
> the Python Package Index (PyPI).
>
> The updated Biopython Tutorial and Cookbook is online (PDF).
>
> Platforms/Deployment:
>
> We currently support Python 2.5, 2.6 and 2.7 and also test under
> Python 3.1, 3.2 and 3.3 (including modules using NumPy), and Jython
> 2.5 and PyPy 1.9 (Jython and PyPy do not cover NumPy or our C
> extensions). We are still encouraging early adopters to help test on
> these platforms, and have included a ‘beta’ installer for Python 3.2
> (and Python 3.3 to follow soon) under 32-bit Windows.

For those of you wanting to try Biopython on Python 3.3 on Windows,
there is now an installer for Biopython 1.61 built against NumPy 1.7.0rc2.

NumPy 1.7 is their first release to support Python 3.3, and the
official release is expected to be near-identical to this second
release candidate, see:
http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2013-February/065384.html

Regards,