[Biopython] Fwd: Bug in bgzf module

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 1 13:34:46 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:57 PM, Petra Kubincová
<petra.kubincova at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> well, I don't have much experience with unit tests but I will try to come up
> with something. :)
> I'll let you know if I won't succeed.

That would be great - in the short term I've added something quite simple:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/5b0d0bd55024d6dbbdea85ff73e6bd2fbbfd5ee1

> And yes, recording an index is exactly the thing I need to do. (I am
> currently working on interval mapping tool for multiple whole-genome
> alignments, where I need to read .maf file, write preprocessed data into a
> compressed file and then work just with index for the compressed file and
> the compressed file itself to do the mapping.)

That reminds me I need to look at Andrew's MAF work:
http://biopython.org/wiki/Multiple_Alignment_Format
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/5

Regards,