[Biopython] type object 'RestrictionType' has no attribute 'size'

Christopher J Friedline cfriedline at vcu.edu
Wed Dec 4 16:48:24 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I ran into this problem today, and wanted to bring it up to see if anyone
else has seen it.  Searching the archives didn't get me anywhere.  I'm
running a simple restriction analysis (on a random genome), and getting
this error. If I look for cut sites with the enzymes individually, it works
for each. However, when I put them into a RestrictionBatch, I get an error
on the class.

type object 'RestrictionType' has no attribute 'size'

I put an IPython notebook describing this here:

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/cfriedline/7790932

Bio (1.6.2), IPython (1.1.0), Python (2.7.6/Anaconda 1.8)

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks,
Chris