[Biopython] Cookbook suggestion

Justin Gibbons jgibbons1 at mail.usf.edu
Sun Apr 14 17:58:53 UTC 2013

Sorry I accidentally sent the last email.

You need the indexed fasta to get a copy of the sequence records that match
your criteria:

indexed_fasta=SeqIO.index(file_path, 'fasta')
SeqIO.write( (indexed_fasta[seq_id] for seq_id in seq_ids),
new_file_path,'fasta')

As for editing the wiki when I click on "Login with OpenID" I get sent to a
blank page. I also tried clicking on "Login" and tired to create a new
account and was told "The action you have requested is limited to users in
the group: Administrators<http://biopython.org/w/index.php?title=Biopython:Administrators&action=edit&redlink=1>
."