[Biopython] Problem installing biopython with Python 3.3.1.rc1

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 8 14:05:49 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 2:21 PM, Nicolas Joannin
<nicolas.joannin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I need to update another machine, so I'll do that with the final version to
> see if the problem still exists. Will post back when that's done.
> Regarding the Entrez test, indeed, it doesn't fail every time. So no worries
> there.
>
> Cheers,
> Nicolas

I've just installed Python 3.3.1 (final) from source on a 64 bit Linux
machine, and can confirm test failures from the BGZF code (not
failing under Python 3.3.0). I was hoping this would be a glitch in
the release candidate but sadly not.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.