[Biopython] Problem installing biopython with Python 3.3.1.rc1

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 7 14:41:33 UTC 2013

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 4:12 AM, Nicolas Joannin
<nicolas.joannin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply!
> Indeed, I don't think it is a big issue for me, and I have also not had any
> problems with Python 3.3.0 on another machine.
> So, yes, it probably is linked to the Python 3.3.1rc1...

I see that Python 3.3.1 final is out now - might be worth checking
that too, and I'll try to update one of our buildslaves to use this.

> However, I should point out that it is not only the Bio.bgzf that fails
> testing.
> There are also test_Entrez_online and test_SeqIO_index that are indicated as
> "FAIL" (both of which I do not directly use).

The test_SeqIO_index.py failures all looked to be BGZF related too.

I missed the Entrez test, but as an online test that can sometimes
fail intermittently anyway. The chances are on rerunning it'll be fine.