[Biopython] New to BP. Looking for closely spaced genes

Dan Tomso dtomso at agbiome.com
Mon Apr 1 19:09:39 UTC 2013

Hi, Mark.

I think BioPython will have the tools you need to do the mechanical handling of sequences.  You might want to contemplate various strategies to do the positional comparisons and data overlays.  For example, if I were approaching this, I would start building position tables for the various content in SQL and then do the set/join/overlap work there.

But to re-answer your primary question--yes, you can get the sequence and features parsed in BioPython with reasonable convenience.

Best regards,
Dan Tomso