[Biopython] Biopython for Max OS Lion 10.7.5

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 25 08:03:34 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 2:11 AM, Samuel M. Lancaster <lancas at uw.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am running into a problem installing Biopython on my computer. To use
> Biopython I need Numpy; however I can only find Biopython for Python 2.7
> and Numpy for Python 2.6. Can you direct me to a place where I can find
> either Biopython for Python 2.6 or Numpy for Python 2.7 that I can use with
> Mac OS Lion 10.7.5?
>
> Thanks,
> Sam

Note NumPy provides precompiled packages for Mac OS X for the official
Python installs from Python.org - not the Apple provided Python installation.
Which Python(s) are you trying to use?

You can if you wish install NumPy from source on Mac OS X for any
installed Python. You will need Apple's XCode from the App Store to
do this (you'll need it anyway to compile Biopython's C modules).