[Biopython] Blast sequences and SNPs detection

fonz esposito alfonso.esposito1983 at hotmail.it
Thu Mar 29 14:12:53 UTC 2012

Dear All,

I am Alfonso Esposito, I am a PhD student in environmental microbiology and I am quite new to the python community. I am trying to figure out how to make a script but I am going mad. I would need a script that takes as input a fasta file with N sequences, blast it on the nucleotide collection in NCBI and delivers a output file containing each SNP or gap with the correspondent nucleotide position (for example position 123 A->G or Gap between 145 and 146)... thanks everybody and I hope to reicive your answer

Regards
Alfonso