[Biopython] Query for GSoc projects on SearchIO and Representation and manipulation of genomic variants

Ankesh Thakur ankeshth at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 04:31:26 UTC 2012

Dear Sir,
   I am a student of Biological Sciences and bioengineering at Indian
Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IIT Kanpur). I am willing to write
codes for Biopython during this summer. I am not very much clear about
the goals of this project. I want to know more about the suggested
projects, like what else I need to do apart from conversion of one file
format to other and showing the data on the console in human readable
form.

   I have no prior experience with bio modules of python. I have arround than
seven months experience with python git hub. And I have done Molecular
biology, Genetics and Bio-chemistry courses. I would like to learn
Biopython, BioPerl( if required) and other necessary tools during this
summer. Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Regards,
Ankesh Kumar Thakur.