[Biopython] Documentation typo found

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 15 16:52:20 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Zhigang Wu <zhigang.wu at email.ucr.edu> wrote:
> Hi biopython community,
>
> Here I am reporting a minor typo in the tutorial of Bio.Entrez (
> http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html#htoc114) and hope
> biopython administrator who have appropriate editing permission of that
> page to correct it.

In case you or anyone else reading is interested, the tutorial HTML and
PDF files are  generated from the LaTeX file Doc/Tutorial.tex in the
Biopython source code:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/blob/master/Doc/Tutorial.tex

LaTeX is an old markup language which is still very popular in the
areas of mathematics and physics because of its excellent formula
support. See http://www.latex-project.org/ for background.

> In the middle of above page, there are several lines of codes illustrating
> how to retrieve the information like author, source and title. I have
> pasted the original code below, in which the typo "CO" has been highlighted
> in red color, which should be corrected to "SO"

I think colors and special fonts in HTML emails may get turned
into plain text by the mailing list. But I understood.

> Original Version:

> ...     print "title:", record.get("TI", "?")
> ...     print "authors:", record.get("AU", "?")
> ...     print "source:", record.get("*CO*", "?")
> ...     print
>

> Should be corrected to:

> ...     print "title:", record.get("TI", "?")
> ...     print "authors:", record.get("AU", "?")
> ...     print "source:", record.get("*SO*", "?")
> ...     print
>
> Zhigang

This is in the Pubmed and Medline parsing example from the Entrez
chapter, and yes, you are quite right. Fixed:
https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/998bffdc7a67297b22fac96e1c810297a32f0e36

Thank you,