[Biopython] Google Summer of Code organization application submitted

Robert Buels rbuels at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 16:00:00 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I'd like to let you know that I had a look through the GSoC wiki pages
for the GSoC wiki pages, and they look pretty good.  Thank you very
much, everyone who worked on them.  I went ahead and submitted our
application to Google for participation in GSoC 2012.

If you have any more ideas for projects that a Google-funded intern
might work on this summer, now is the time to add them to the wiki at
http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code, and on your
project's wiki page that is linked from there.  Google will most likely
be evaluating these ideas within the next couple of days.

If you are interested in helping out with Google Summer of Code this
year, now is the time to make sure you are listed on your project's wiki
as a prospective mentor.  Also, please make sure you are a member of
both the OBF GSoC and OBF GSoC-Mentors email lists[1][2].

The better those project idea pages are, the stronger our case for
getting Google funding will be.

Thanks a lot for all the hard work you community members have put in so far!

Rob

----
Robert Buels
(prospective) 2012 OBF GSoC Organization Admin