[Biopython] Write FASTA sequence on a single line

Willis, Jordan R jordan.r.willis at Vanderbilt.Edu
Sun Mar 4 18:35:58 UTC 2012

I don't think there is an option, but you could possibly write it in the SeqIO class.

I have to do this all the time and i just write it to a file manually

for _record in SeqIO.parse(fastah,'fasta)
	open(outputfile,'a').write(">"+_record.id+record.seq)

You can of course format these to output to a file anyway you want.

Jordan