[Biopython] geometry.py

Frederico Moraes Ferreira ferreirafm at usp.br
Wed Jun 6 14:22:35 UTC 2012

Dear Ezgi,
Thanks for your explanation and references. Here goes calculations for
the same pdb set from my previous message.
I haven't read the references yet. However, according to João's
definition, if the semi-axis are the ones from the smallest ellipsoid
that fits the pdb, we agree at least one of the axes have necessarily to
match Dmax. Otherwise, there are some atoms outside the ellipsoid, in
which case is against the primary definition.
If your interest, we can stay in touch and discuss this matter a bit more.
All the best,
Fred

P.S.: semi-axes not doubled!
S_1AVSA_29_0004_1.pdb