[Biopython] geometry.py

Frederico Moraes Ferreira ferreirafm at usp.br
Fri Jun 1 19:26:38 UTC 2012

Hi João,
I was pretended by your print commands in the end of the
calculate_shape_param function. Looking closer to your code, the outputs
are the ellipsoid' s semi-axes. Even though, if I double them some large
discrepancies appear when compared with the maximum dimension of the
shape. I have tested those functions for a considerable number of pdbs
and wouldn't expecting a perfect match either. However, there are some
discrepancies which should be investigated. Here goes some of them:
################################
S_1AVSA_29_0004_1.pdb
#Dimensions(a,b,c) #Rg #Anisotropy
36.30 76.0 170.03 42.43 0.51