[Biopython] (no subject)

Kristian Ullrich kristian_ullrich at yahoo.de
Mon Jan 30 10:09:09 UTC 2012

Hello Biopython Team,

I am going to work with biological networks, next to the great tool cytoscape I want to create networks out of python. To my knowledge there exists pygraphviz and networkx which can produce gml and dot output files. Cytoscape uses the XGMML Language (http://www.cs.rpi.edu/research/groups/pb/punin/public_html/XGMML/).

Is there an easy way of how to use or manipulate existing python xml parsers to work with xgmml files or are there plans of the Biopython Team to write an XGMML - parser?

Since a lot of biologist work with cytoscape this would be a very useful tool to build graphical netowrks.

Thank you in anticipation

Kristian Ullrich