[Biopython] Entrez.efetch issue with the returning data type

Karolis Ramanauskas karolisr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 04:01:30 UTC 2012

Good day,

I think it would be a good idea to not rely on the NCBI defaults in
Biopython and hardcode retmode and other defaults directly into the
Biopython methods. Basically having defaults that Biopython
guarantees. That way the defaults will not change haphazardly when
NCBI decides to change things. Of course users will still be able to
set their own parameters if they do not use default behavior, but this
would reduce unexpected changes and the need to go over long stretches
of code and change things.

Karolis