[Biopython] question on installation of BioPython on Mac OS 10.7

Alexandra Schnoes schnoes at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 22:50:36 UTC 2012

Hi Daria,

It sounds like you might be new to Mac/OS 10... an easy way to ease into
that is to use a package manager (or if you're like me and just like to
keep everything organized with a manager and don't always feel like self
compiling). I have used a couple of different ones. I am currently using
MacPorts (http://www.macports.org/) and they keep very up to date (just
upgraded my biopython to 1.59 today). Fink (http://www.finkproject.org/)
and Homebrew (http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/) are two other commonly
used/ well known managers.