[Biopython] Bio/Entrez/efetch: Getting HTTP Error 500 Bio/Entrez/efetch: Getting HTTP Error 500 Bio/Entrez/efetch: Getting HTTP Error 500

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 17 22:33:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 9:21 PM, Matej Repič <Matej.Repic at ki.si> wrote:
> The fix is working for me. I updated the __init__.py by hand
> and now both approaches work. By both i mean id=idlist or
> id=",".join(idlist).
>
> Great and quick fix!
>
> Regards,
> Matej

Great - independent testing is always good, thanks.

The NCBI have now announced this change was a deliberate
tightening up of the Entrez API, so we do need this fix in
Biopython to avoid existing scripts breaking:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/mailman/pipermail/utilities-announce/2012-February/000086.html