[Biopython] creating atom list

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 30 11:32:30 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Bala subramanian
<bala.biophysics at gmail.com> wrote:
> Friends,
> 1) Sorry if this question is repeated. I want to create an atom list
> for super-imposition, what i understand from documentation and
> examples given on the net is that i have to loop through
> model-chain-residues to create a list of atoms that i need. Is there
> any way to select CA or backbone atoms in a single line rather looping
> over the SMCRA hierarchy. Once i create a structure object, i just
> want to create a list of its backbone atoms.

Joao has given a short answer - see also this (old) example,
http://www.warwick.ac.uk/go/peter_cock/python/protein_superposition/

> 2) I could nt do a search in the biopython user forum for previous
> questions posted on a topic. I looked in the following link provided
> in Biopython wiki. Am i looking at the wrong link,
>
> http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/

That is the archive, and can be searched in Google
in combination with a URL restriction, e.g. use:

superposition site:http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/

See also http://www.biopython.org/wiki/Mailing_lists
and in particular the Gmane archive is searchable:
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.bio.general