[Biopython] Blast Two sequences from a python script

Laura Scearce flitrfli at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 07:55:14 UTC 2012

I have a list of pairs of proteins and I want to compare speed and accuracy
of "BLAST Two Sequences" to a Smith-Waterman program for alignment. I know
there is a "Blast Two Sequences" option on NCBI website, but I would like
to run it from a python script. Perhaps Biopython has this capability? If I
cannot use Blast Two Sequences, I will compare different versions of
Smith-Waterman, but this would not be nearly as exciting :) OR, if anyone
has another idea for a great senior year project in Bioinformatics
involving comparing pairs of proteins, please don't hesitate to let me
know! Thank you in advance.