[Biopython] History, Efetch, and returned records limits

Mariam Reyad Rizkallah mrrizkalla at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 08:35:52 EDT 2012

Dear community,

I aim to get sequences by a list of gi (using efetch and history
variables), for a certain taxid (using esearch). I always get the first
10,000 records. For example, I need10,300 gi_ids, I split them into list of
10,000 and submit them consecutively and still getting the first 10,000
records. I tried batch approach in Biopython tutorial, didn't even reach
10,000 sequences.

Is there a limit for NCBI's returned sequences?

Thank you.

Mariam