[Biopython] annotation help

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Fri Sep 23 19:33:32 UTC 2011

Hi, Adrian.

See:

annovar
snpEff
Ensembl Variant Effect Predictor
others....

None of these (or any program that I know of) will include the name of
the drug that acts on the gene, but that information can be gleaned
from other sources once you have the gene names.  If you want to build
something from scratch, you could start with this if you are working
in cancer:

https://wiki.nci.nih.gov/display/ICR/Cancer+Gene+Index+End+User+Documentation

There are commercial softwares that offer gene/compound information,
but I do not know which is "best".

Sean