[Biopython] UniprotXML dbReference parser

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 22:43:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

2011/10/6 Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com>:
> Probably... I think it emulates the very simple list of
> db:acc strings produced by the GenBank parser etc,
> but try dir(...) on it.  Although PDB references look
> to get part of their information dumped in the
> record's annotations dictionary.

The problem is that the Gene ID is inside (thus it never gets
returned). We get the protein ID only.

> Are you asking for XML parsing library recommendations?
> Or you could hack the SeqIO parser instead... i've CC'd
> Andrea who wrote it in case he can add something
> more practical.

I just used xml.parsers.expat. Not a problem for myself, but the fact
is that the uniprot xml parser does not return the whole information
that it is there.

--
"If you want to get laid, go to college.  If you want an education, go
to the library." - Frank Zappa