[Biopython] Using bioPython and bioSQL

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 6 10:39:57 UTC 2011

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Animesh Agrawal
<animesh.agrawal at anu.edu.au> wrote:
> Hi All,I am trying to develop a interface for a local sequence depository
> in my lab. Using biopython cookbook examples I have been able to
> populate the database. But to query the database I want to create an
> interface so all other members in my lab can access it. I have no
> experience in doing this kind of development. I need some advice
> on best way of doing it and if there are already developed modules
> in biopython which can help me in attaining my objectives.
> Cheers
> Animesh

Hi Animesh,

Do you mean some kind of web interface? Would you just need
this to be read only?

You can use GBrowse with BioSQL, but I believe CHADO is better
supported as the schema. CHADO is also a better choice if you
want users to be able to edit the annotation.
http://gmod.org/wiki/Chado_-_Getting_Started