[Biopython] Calculating Buried and Surface Residues

João Rodrigues anaryin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 07:26:20 UTC 2011

Hello Jordan,

If you can get your hands on
NACCESS<http://www.bioinf.manchester.ac.uk/naccess/> that
will do the trick. Biopython PDB module has a wrapper for this program
which makes it pretty easy to use.

Another alternative is to use the Half Sphere Exposure measure that is
built-in Biopython and described
here<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half_sphere_exposure>
.

Either way gives you per-residue information.

Best,

João [...] Rodrigues
http://nmr.chem.uu.nl/~joao