[Biopython] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: installation as non-administrator

Paul.Czodrowski at merck.de Paul.Czodrowski at merck.de
Wed May 4 14:25:23 UTC 2011

 Dr. Paul Czodrowski

 Merck KGaA

 NCE Technologies                 Room A22/231

 Computational Chemistry          Phone: +49-6151-72 3218

 Frankfurter Strasse 250          Fax: +49-6151-72 91 3218

 64293 Darmstadt, Germany         Email: paul.czodrowski at merck.de

Mandatory information can be found at http://mandatories.merck.de

Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote on 04.05.2011 16:13:47:

> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 2:36 PM,  <Paul.Czodrowski at merck.de> wrote:
> >>
> >> Do you fancy trying gdb to get a stack trace for us?
> >
> > How shall I understand your question? Shall I use the gnu debugger
> > in order to get some debuggable output?
>
> Yes please.
>
> With hindsight, "Could you try using the gnu debugger (gdb) to get
> a stack trace?" would have been clearer. Are you familiar with gdb?
>
> Was it the "Do you fancy *activity*?" phrasing that was unclear?
> Basically meaning "Would you like to do *activity*?".

Yes, it was just the expression you used. I have to admit that English is
not my mother tongue.

> > What is the worst case scenario related to biopython, i.e. could it
> > ultimately lead to any errors/instabilities?
>
> It looks like if you tried to use Biopython's Bio.Entrez module to
> parse XML files from the NCBI it would crash. If you are not going
> to use that module, you should be fine.

Good news, thanks :)

And thanks for all the other help, also to JOAO!!

Cheers,
Paul

otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not copy this message or attachment or disclose the contents to
any other person. If you have received this transmission in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the message and any attachment
from your system. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not accept liability for any omissions or errors in this
message which may arise as a result of E-Mail-transmission or for damages
resulting from any unauthorized changes of the content of this message and
any attachment thereto. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and any of its
subsidiaries do not guarantee that this message is free of viruses and does
not accept liability for any damages caused by any virus transmitted
therewith.

Click http://disclaimer.merck.de to access the German, French, Spanish and
Portuguese versions of this disclaimer.