[Biopython] GSoC call for mentors

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Thu Mar 31 22:04:49 UTC 2011

Hi all,

For current developers on OBF projects:

If you would not mind being a mentor to a Summer of Code student this
summer, please make sure you sign up as an OBF mentor in the GSoC web
app.  There's a link under "mentors: apply now!" midway down the page at
http://www.google-melange.com/.  If you didn't do last year's summer of
code, it would be a good idea to drop me an email introducing yourself,
as well, or I won't know whether to approve your request. :-)

Being signed up as an OBF GSoC mentor will give you access to the
student proposals, as they come in, and the ability to comment on them
and assign scores to the ones you think show the most promise.

If you sign up as a mentor, please also add yourself to the two OBF GSoC
mailing lists: OBF-GSoC and OBF-GSoC-mentors