[Biopython] define circular DNA (?)

Peter Cherepanov p.cherepanov at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 8 12:12:26 UTC 2011

ideally, it would be an object were the last letter is hard-linked to the first. For example, we should be able to define:

c = CircularSeq('ATGCGGGGA')

where:

c[1:9]  equals  ATGCGGGGA   (or, more awkwardly, c[0:9], if the original Python string numbering must be retained for some reasons)
c[8:7]  equals  GAATGCATG
c[1:1] equals A  (on a python string it is c[0:1]  =  A, of course)

Ideally, we would want to number such sequences from 1, after all these are the kind of objects we deal in biology.

And, most importantly of all, if must be able to:
c.find('GGAATG') to return "7"

Peter