[Biopython] define circular DNA (?)

Peter Cherepanov p.cherepanov at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 8 10:30:08 UTC 2011

I suppose if a DNA sequence is kept as a simple Python string, there is no easy way to have it "circular". I am a beginner in Python (I use it only occasionally, to solve very specific and simple-minded tasks, when manual match/cut-and-paste operations become too much of a burden). Having spent an extra hour to hack out and debug a piece of code to match/extract to/from circular plasmid sequences kept as Python strings, I thought: hey, wait a minute, there is such thing as BioPython, which should have made this task so much easier...

Is there a way to "enhance" the Seq object? (or may be I do not know what I am talking about...).

thanks a lot for responding!

with best wishes,

Peter