[Biopython] traditional NCBI blast vs. blast+

Paulo Nuin nuin at genedrift.org
Wed Mar 2 23:06:17 UTC 2011

Hi

Just answering your blast portion of the question:

- you have to run makeblastdb in order to create the database.
- you should be able to download the source of blast+ to compile, it should compile just fine on your system
- and yes, it seems to be faster and more stable than the previous version, at least on the tests I run

Paulo